Rules and Regulations
Nicki McBee, MDGP Director
352 Cash Road, NE • Calhoun, GA 30701
(706) 383-2041 Voice/Videophone
Website page address : http://gadeaf.org/mdgp-page/
Facebook page address : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-Deaf-Georgia-Pageant/174833182594882?ref=ts
The Miss Deaf Georgia Pageant rules and regulations are listed below for all prospective contestants to read and follow. At any time and/or at any place during the pageant, the rules and regulations will be applied. The Miss Deaf Georgia Pageant expects contestants to follow these rules and regulations below:
- High moral standing and appropriate judgment are expected from contestants.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages, regardless of age, is forbidden.
- Smoking is not allowed, whether in public or in private.
- The usage of illegal drugs in public or in private is banned.
- Friends, boyfriends, and visitors are not allowed in sleeping areas, dressing rooms, and rehearsal spaces. However, contestants may visit each other on the same floor. Your parents may visit you while you are in your room.
- Dating is not permitted except for very short phone calls in case of an emergency. Approval for such phone calls is required from the director of the Miss Deaf Georgia Pageant first before any phone calls can be made.
- Contestants will be allowed to meet with friends and family members in the hotel lobby during the contestants’ free time.
- The use of wireless equipment (including pagers, iPads, smartphones) is not allowed during rehearsals and meetings.
- Contestants are required to be on time for all pageant events and activities.
- Contestants are required to attend all pageant activities. No exceptions.
- Sashes must be worn at all times.
- No media (i.e. interviews with Internet websites, television, newspaper, and/or radio) is to be granted without prior consent of the Pageant Officials.
- All contestants are required to complete their contract with the director of Miss Deaf Georgia Pageant before they begin their pageant events and activities.
- 14. The contract, which each contestant will sign upon arrival, will take effect immediately. The contract consists of an agreement of rules to abide by during the pageant weekend.
- 15. All contestants must inform the director about their whereabouts at all times.
- 16. Contestants are to respect each other. Cussing is prohibited. Any unacceptable and/or inappropriate behavior will not be accepted; accordingly the points will be reduced from the final score.
- 17. All contestants are required to stay at the Holiday Inn in Athens, GA from June 27 – 30, 2013.
If you have any question about the rules and regulations, please feel free to contact Nicki McBee at her contact information on the top right corner of this form. Thank you in advance.